Thursday, July 10, 2008

Safely in Scotland

Thanks to your prayers we are safely in Scotland with ALL 21 totes and ALL our luggage. We have had the morning to rest and shower at the Kingdom House where we will be staying before and after camp. It is great! Right now, the leadership team is over at the camp strategizing about how to set up things at camp since we are completely full! We'll go into Paisley when they get back to exchange money and wander around town. We'll be back at Kingdom House for dinner and an early bedtime!
Everyone on the team is so much fun that we're spending most of the time laughing at someone's antics. Experimenting with Scottish meat flavored potato crisps---Roasted Chicken, Beefy Onion and Smoky Bacon---was good for lots of humor. Then for dessert we had caramel shortbreads and I said to Annie, "I can't believe you didn't bring any of these home last year." To which she replied, "I did, I just didn't share! I had them in my freezer until Christmas." Okay, I can play that game, I'll just take my own stash home this year!
When we arrived, it was pouring rain but it has stopped now and is just overcast. The forecast is for more of the same. Please pray that we get some sunshine next week for camp.
More later,
Pam for the team